Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happiest Place on Earth

This was our first real adventure outside of county lines, and although there were some nervous jitters, the excitement outweighed it all.  However, being frequent Disney goers, I was depressed I wouldn't be able to enjoy it the way I used to.  But the more I perseverated on this thought, the more I realized how selfish it was.  I know there are millions who have never had the opportunity to go to Disneyland and many others who were born with a disability that prevented them from ever standing on their own.  I was given a lottery ticket being raised in Santa Barbara, having an amazing family, and having enough money to enjoy many things life has to offer.  Although sometimes I feel I may have it the worst, I know there are plenty of others who would be head over heels to sit in my seat.  Sometimes it just takes looking at the big picture to realize how blessed I am.

That being said, we all had an incredible time at Disneyland.  My uncle Paul and one of our close friends from school and church, Julie Pitney were able to join us.  My dad booked us a suite at the Grand Californian which is located right in Downtown Disney.  However, I was most excited to see one of my favorite people from Craig Hospital, Chris Amacher, who has grown to be one of our closest friends.

The first day we spent rolling around California Adventure, where I was not able to ride the fastest roller coasters, but rode enough for my state of affairs.  My favorite ride was Mickeys Grand Ferris Wheel where we were able to have a birds eye view of Orange County.  Although this was my favorite, it was not for Emily.  When she thought a smoothie was being spilled on her head, it turned out to be puke form the gondola above!  After we got Emily cleaned up and went through a box of disinfectant wipes we met Russ, a Craig graduate, whose attitude, spirit and sense of humor added to the joy of the day.  Tuesday was spent at Disneyland where the sun was out and the weather was warm.  I was able to ride It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, and the Monorail but the highlight of the whole trip was simply spending time with my family and friends.

On this trip I learned that although things may be different, it doesn't mean it will be any worse.

8 comments:

  1. Excited to read about your adventures.
    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....beautiful smiles...from ears to ears.....Mickey's too!!!
    picture's worth a thousand words...sounds like an absolutely wonderful excursion ....at the happiest place on earth....Yeah Gracie !!!!!!😄😃😀😊🐭❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun trip! A love it's a Small World. I'm so happy you have this blog to share with everyone. You write beautifully and your words mean so much. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Grace! I love this! You are a light in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Grace! Keep writing, you're inspiring us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing perspective & wisdom from one so young. Inspirational! Thank you, Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found it interesting to read the two blogs together: "Why?" about the big fundamental questions, and "The Happiest Place on Earth," about the lighter side of life. I don't know if you intended anything by posting them together, but the effect it had on me was to compare. Where does one find answers, value, interest: in the big questions or the lighter side? Probably both, depends on the person, depends on the day. But considering them together, for me, was even more interesting than reading each one individually.

    Rebecca Goodman

    ReplyDelete